I. Policy guidelines for official College web publications
The Northeast Alabama Community College is a State institution and College web publications have the same character as a written publication of the institution. These web publications include division, department, or program sub-web pages and Facebook and other social networking pages that in any way represent or reflect upon the college. The following are the official guidelines for the Northeast Alabama Community College websites and Internet related material.
All web content published by Northeast Alabama Community College must:
- be approved by the Office of the president or designee;
- present content that describes the College accurately for the current semester;
- reflect positively upon the College as an institution of higher learning in visual appearance and editorial tone;
- further the institutional mission and goals of the College;
- be consistent with all policies, rules, regulations, and guidelines of the College, including but not limited to those published in the Catalog, Faculty and Staff Handbook, and Board Policy;
- obtain approval through the appropriate college channels for any news releases or public announcements;
- be consistent with local, state, and federal laws, including copyright law;
- be consistent with principles of professional, educational, and creative ethics;
- be generated by software supported by the College;
- be designed to load quickly on computers of varied ages, Internet connections, and browsers.
II. Web content outside official College web publications
The College recognizes that individuals or groups may, without the consent or authority of the College, establish web pages, weblogs, social network accounts, or other web presences. The College will not preview, censor, or otherwise superintend such items. Any current student or current employee who establishes or maintains an unofficial web presence will, however, be subject to appropriate discipline if web content therein is in violation of the policy, rules, regulations or guidelines of the College, and said web presence must display in a prominent and appropriate location the following:
“This site does not officially represent Northeast Alabama Community College, and it has not been reviewed or approved by the College. The authors are solely responsible for the contents herein.”
The College reserves the right to enforce the provisions of this policy. Violations of any of these provisions may result in the loss of access or linkage without notice. In addition, students and employees are subject to College policies regarding discipline and sanctions.